Janitor Cover Letter
Janitors maintain buildings in a clean and organized condition. They may be responsible for regular cleaning and maintenance or be required to handle special cleaning projects. Typical work activities of a Janitor include: cleaning designated areas, emptying trash, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, steam-cleaning carpets, shoveling snow from sidewalks, preventing pest infestation, adhering to health and safety regulations, and making minor repairs.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following Janitor qualifications:
- Cleaning expertise
- Good physical condition
- Stamina and resilience
- Being able to work independently or as part of a team
- The ability to handle heavy equipment
- Attention to safety
- Time management and organization
- Detail orientation
- Problem-solving skills
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Janitor showcasing comparable job skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Janitor Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Job Title, check out our more complete Janitor Job Description.
Dear Mr. Price:
Upon hearing of your need for a Janitor to join your team, I hurried to submit the enclosed resume. With eleven years of experience performing a broad range of building maintenance and upkeep duties, I am prepared to surpass your expectations in this position.
As a reliable and dedicated employee, I have proven myself to be highly skilled in performing a range of tasks to ensure clean and well-functioning facilities. From cleaning windows and scrubbing surfaces to clearing trash/waste and moving furniture, I have consistently demonstrated my ability to thoroughly and successfully maintain a variety of building environments including offices, schools, and community centers. My excellent organization skills—combined with my ability to move efficiently to complete duties on or ahead of schedule—prepares me to make a strong contribution to your team in this position.
The following demonstrate my qualifications for this opportunity:
- Performing a variety of janitorial responsibilities—such as cleaning restrooms, removing trash and debris, vacuuming carpets, and operating large cleaning machines—in consecutive janitorial positions over the past eleven years.
- Inventorying stock and placing orders as necessary to ensure ample supplies and materials.
- Assigning tasks to fellow workers and inspecting jobs to ensure adherence to cleanliness and sanitary standards.
- Excelling within physically demanding environments while ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
With my strong experience in providing comprehensive janitorial service, I am ready to provide outstanding building maintenance and upkeep for the customers served by your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Thomas C. Towler