General Manager Cover Letter
General Managers oversee company operations and make sure business objectives are accomplished. They are found in all industries, but this title is more common for small businesses and the hospitality sector. Typical duties seen on a General Manager include establishing and implementing business procedures, managing budgets, delegating responsibilities, maintaining organization property, hiring and assessing staff, attending meetings, and evaluating organization performance.
An eligible cover letter for General Manager showcases the following qualifications:
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Business acumen and problem-solving orientation
- Decision-making abilities
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Being able to delegate tasks
- Resourcefulness and innovation
A sample cover letter for this role referring to comparable skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive General Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Pettrill:
Upon discovering your posting for a General Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated manager with exceptional leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Flextaxon’s goals in this role.
My background includes directing operations, employees, sales, and customer service strategies to drive business development and enhance overall performance. From overseeing variable and fixed operations and cutting operational costs to spearheading staff hiring / coaching and implementing new programs and process improvements, I excel at improving profit margins, developing and evaluating employees, and realizing consistent increases in sales volume.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Directing day-to-day operations, staff recruitment / training functions, and customer relationship management in consecutive and progressively responsible positions with Huxley Industrial Products, culminating in the role of General Manager.
- Implementing cost-effective advertising and merchandising initiatives to maximize profits and stimulate a high level of customer satisfaction and referral business.
- Effectively leading teams to propel project and product launch success; managing all aspects of project lifecycles to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrating solid time management and organizational skills, along with powerful and effective sales and operations strategies.
My skills in staff and operations management, sales and financing, and business leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.