Assistant General Manager Cover Letter
Assistant General Managers perform various duties in order to assist General Managers at variety of businesses. Depending on where they work, Assistant General Manager duties may include planning meetings, training and motivating staff, implementing safety procedures, writing reports, maintaining a good relationship with customers, and anticipating business needs.
Hiring Managers look for some of the following skills in an Assistant General Manager cover letter:
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership/Management experience
- Business knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Stamina and self-motivation
See the example cover letter below for inspiration to create your own Assistant General Manager cover letter.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Jerkins:
Upon review of your posting for an Assistant General Manager at McPherson’s, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my experience in business management, as well as my commitment to team collaboration and achieving corporate goals, I would significantly benefit your business.
From managing projects and preparing reports to implementing branch procedures and participating in dynamic team meetings, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With sharp business and food-service acumen, my additional strengths in leadership, communication, and time management position me to thrive in this challenging position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Played a significant role in the management of operations of a full-service casual restaurant establishment.
- Forecasted sales, managed food cost of sales and labor costs, and measured ongoing performance against budget.
- Oversaw equipment, inventory, and food and liquor purchases, and maintained cost and cash-handling controls. Scheduled kitchen and service staff, supervised food quality and safety, and maintained facilities.
- Developed and executed a strategy that lowered the inventory level from $12,000 to under $9,000.
- Selected, hired, and trained top staff to ensure service excellence and pleasurable dining experiences.
With my previous restaurant management experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role and help maintain and expand McPherson’s excellent reputation. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
George S. Pederson