Export Manager Cover Letter
Export managers oversee a broad range of tasks to ensure timely, cost-effective, and efficient shipping of products and goods overseas. Typical work responsibilities include negotiating shipping rates, streamlining processes, driving compliance with regulations, and managing relationships with overseas customers and vendors. Superior communication, leadership, and negotiation skills are required in this position. Additionally, these professionals are charged with training and supervising staff, so a proven ability to hire, coach, and lead top-performing team members is highly beneficial in this role.
Cover letters for this position often mention the following:
- Shipment coordination and execution
- Rate negotiation
- Cost containment and reduction
- Billing and invoicing
- Shipment schedules
- Customs processes
- Documentation and records management
- Transportation and logistics
- Vendor and customer relations
- Process development and implementation
- International trade regulations and compliance
- Team building and leadership
- Staff delegation and supervision
Below you will find an example of a cover letter for an export manager detailing similar qualifications and experience.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. McCauley:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my strong interest in the export manager position you are seeking to fill. As a highly skilled and successful logistics and transportation professional with extensive experience coordinating shipments, materials, and operations for export deliveries around the world while ensuring compliance with international regulations and guidelines, I possess expertise and experience that will allow me to immediately contribute toward the success of your company.
My extensive skill set lies in successfully developing and implementing strategic processes, managing air and ocean transportation, and leading high-performing staff to oversee all aspects of outbound product shipments. Through my experience, I have become adept in ensuring adherence to organizational goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined logistical operations and containing – or even reducing – costs. Furthermore, my proven ability to effectively liaise between domestic business and foreign vendors is certain to render me an immediate asset to your team.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Managing a team of 13 employees in achieving safe and efficient movement of manufactured products and materials forwarded worldwide; coordinating shipments, negotiating with vendors and transportation agents, and managing billing functions
- Spearheading all aspects of product exporting, including customs processes, shipping, schedules, equipment, materials, documentation, reporting, and overall operational logistics
- Cultivating and solidifying new customers in Asian and European markets as export manager with JPL Ltd.
- Negotiating competitive and sustainable shipping rates with supplies including ocean liners, airlines, and consolidated trucking companies
- Creating and establishing strategic processes to move goods between countries, reducing costs and ensuring compliance and quality assurance
- Developing and establishing standard operating policies and procedures, in accordance with organizational and international trade regulations, to drive maximum efficiency and productivity while cutting costs
- Coaching and leading transportation and logistics team members; delegating tasks and evaluating performances; and developing and conducting global logistics training programs
- Communicating effectively with vendors, service partners, peers, and upper management
My proven ability to optimize export deliveries and logistical operations, along with my solid skills in communication and problem-solving, will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Oscar J. Fields