Intermodal Import Coordinator
Managed approximately 14,220 containers a year. Maintained notifications for dispatching door moves and notify customers of container availability. Daily renotes to customer for any open bills (i.e. Ocean Freight/ OBL/ Customs), container tracking, monitor e-mail for timely and accurate response and process General Order paperwork meeting US Customs.
- Analyzed reports to identify customers of container availability, ensuring deadlines are met and costs minimized.
- Responded to customers' queries through customer service line providing quick and efficient problem resolution.
- Detailed review of shipping/ customs documentation to enable customers to receive shipping clearance.
- Assist customers in resolving any customs issues i.e. piece count problems, customs holds, confirm bill of lading number, and IT information.
- Maintained accurate Excel spreadsheet records for VIP customers. Files include: trucker rates, preferred trucker, and special customer needs.
- Generated invoices for any extra charges that accrued for customer accounts.
- Acted as Freight Cashier, processed customer checks and liaised with Corporate office in producing daily check reports.