EMT Cover Letter
EMTs or Emergency Medical Technicians respond to emergency calls and provide medical services on site and while transporting patients to healthcare facilities. These professionals often collaborate with police and firefighters. Usual tasks of an EMT include assessing patient condition, establishing course of treatment, immobilizing patients, transferring patients to medical facilities, communicating data to hospital personnel, maintaining equipment clean, and replenishing used supplies.
Based on our selection of cover letter examples for EMT, these professionals should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Emotional stability and the ability to cope with difficult situations
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Stamina and perseverance
- Physical fitness
- Being able to work in shifts
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Effective communication
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter for EMT showcasing comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive EMT Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Mandelson:
As a skilled EMT with more than eight years of experience, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My excellent background as a medical first responder allows me to substantially assist Fillmore Emergency Services in meeting—and exceeding—its goals.
My experience includes responding swiftly and efficiently to dispatched emergency assignments, and subsequently performing condition assessment to identify best next steps for optimal patient care. Collecting witness information, monitoring ongoing patient conditions, and stocking and maintaining emergency vehicles are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of supportive patient care in highly stressful and often traumatic situations.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Rapidly responding to 911 calls requiring emergency assistance, ensuring general and critical care during transport from various locations including hospitals, nursing homes, physician offices, and private residences.
- Participating in frequent call response in partnership with critical care RNs, fire departments, and law enforcement personnel.
- Consistently demonstrating a solid commitment to providing quality patient care in alignment with established protocols, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
- Interacting effectively with culturally and socioeconomically diverse populations to ensure superior patient experiences.
- Earning certification as a registered EMT in 2008; deep knowledge and certification in CPR and AED.
With my expertise in performing complex, emergency patient care as a dedicated EMT, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your organization. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Meagan E. Holm