Custodian Cover Letter
Custodians are in charge for cleaning, maintenance, and security in a building. Typical cleaning duties of a Custodian include: sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning restrooms, and completing special cleaning projects. Other responsibilities of these employees are making inspections, handling maintenance, identifying needs for repairs, collaborating with other departments, replenishing cleaning supplies, and adhering to health and safety regulations.
Those looking to work as Custodians should be able to mention the following qualifications in their cover letters:
- Physical fitness
- Cleaning experience and knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Stamina and resilience
- Teamworking abilities
- Working without supervision
- Effective communication
- Attention to details
- Being able to follow instructions
Below is displayed a sample cover letter emphasizing similar Custodian abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Custodian Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Headrick:
When I learned of Thermo’s need for a new Custodian, I was eager to submit the attached resume. As an experienced and personable professional with nine years of solid experience performing a broad range of building maintenance and upkeep duties, I am prepared to surpass your expectations.
As a physically fit worker and a motivational team leader, I am highly skilled in managing all facet of building custodianship, including cleaning, maintenance/repair, and heavy equipment usage. My excellent time management skills—combined with my ability to move efficiently to complete tasks on or ahead of schedule—prepares me to make a strong contribution to your team in this position.
The following demonstrate my qualifications for this opportunity:
- Performing a variety of custodian responsibilities—such as cleaning kitchen and bathrooms, removing trash and debris, setting up for special events, and operating large cleaning machines—in consecutive custodian positions with Harbringer Systems in Tucson and Beekeeper Elementary School in Phoenix.
- Delegated tasks and coordinated work schedules across all personnel for optimal efficiency.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance with safety policies and procedures pertaining to chemical usage.
- Excelling within physically demanding environments while ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
With my experience in providing superior custodian service, I am ready to provide outstanding building maintenance and upkeep for the customers served by Thermo Building Services. I look forward to discussing the position with you further. Thank you very much.