Clinical Research Associate Cover Letter
Clinical Research Associates are responsible for testing drugs and determining their effectiveness; these experts are usually employed by research organizations or pharmaceutical companies. Clinical Research Associates can work on various stages of a clinical trial, performing tasks such as creating trial protocols, developing trial methodology, collaborating with ethics committees, liaising with doctors running the trial, making visits to the trial site, ordering supplies, monitoring expenses, and authenticating data collection forms.
Essential skills needed for a Clinical Research Associate position, according to our sample cover letters, are the following:
- Qualification in a life science such as biochemistry or pharmacology
- Commercial awareness
- Problem-solving and creativity
- Self-confidence and motivation
- Networking and negotiation skills
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Comparable Clinical Research Associates qualifications are visible on the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Clinical Research Associate Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Millard:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Clinical Research Associate position you have available. As a detail-oriented and analytical professional with key experience in clinical drug testing and evaluation, I possess a range of knowledge that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your research team.
Through my experience, I have become well versed in conducting in-depth research, analyzing data, and managing databases to assess and report on drug benefits and risks prior to market release. Additionally, I have continually demonstrated a vast knowledge of the health sciences sector, as well as the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of research.
Please consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Serving as a Research Associate for Endometrin Pharmaceuticals, conducting research into new drugs designed to treat type 2 diabetes; creating trial protocols, working closely with ethics committees, verifying data, and writing detailed reports of findings.
- Delivering reports, analysis, and productive recommendations to prescribers, leading to maximum patient care and minimal costs associated with adverse drug reactions or ineffective therapies.
- Recruiting, training, and collaborating with research assistants while organizing, analyzing, and managing large data sets to drive research project success.
- Ensuring compliance with a broad span of regulations and guidelines.
My dedication to research excellence will translate into both dedication and diligence for the work performed for your company. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Douglas P. Roth