Career Advisor Cover Letter
Career Advisors help people advance their career by making the right decisions related to education, training, and employment. Essential work responsibilities of a Career Advisor are interviewing clients, identifying missing skills, helping clients to create action plans, referring people to training courses, providing information about the current job market, presenting personal development topics, monitoring client progress, participating to career fairs, and updating their knowledge of labor legislation.
Those looking to work as Career Advisors should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Counseling skills
- Communication and listening abilities
- A non-judgmental approach
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Being able to work individually or as part of a team
- Empathy and an approachable manner
The cover letter sample beneath showcases relevant Career Advisor skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Career Advisor Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Walters:
Upon learning of your need for a new Career Advisor, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a client-centric and accomplished professional with 10+ years of strong experience assessing client objectives and recommending appropriate steps to help them achieve their professional goals, I am confident that I would make a valuable contribution in this position.
My background spans excellent experience consulting with professionals from diverse ranks, positions, and careers to evaluate their skill set, identify areas for further training and focus, and recommend appropriate job search and interview strategies. With proven expertise in assessing / identifying strengths, weaknesses, and relational competencies—coupled with strong inner motivation and superior organization and interpersonal talents—I am well prepared to excel in this role.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Conducting initial client assessments, reviewing their employment histories, uncovering potential areas of career interest, identifying education and training needs, and serving as a key resource and chief point of contact to coordinate the resources and tools required to meet each client’s unique goals.
- Leading career development and counseling sessions to participants ranging from new college graduates, to recently laid-off corporate workers, to military personnel looking to transition into the civilian sector.
- Remaining up-to-date on job market trends, salary standards, and hiring opportunities.
- Maintaining a high volume of cases while managing documentation and tracking client status.
- Possessing superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional relationship management, collaborative leadership, and problem-solving talents.
With my strong background and my demonstrated commitment to achieving client career goals, I am sure to be a strong contributor to your team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Ann F. Phillips