Senior Academic Counselor
Managed and oversaw academic life cycle including but not limited to managing the admissions process, analyzing prospective and current student information to develop individual advising plans, collaborating with faculty and staff to disseminate knowledge of program curriculum, requirements, resources, and tools.
- Developed and provided proactive, accurate, and comprehensive academic assistance utilizing critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving skills to address and resolve students' issues focusing on scheduling assistance, regular follow ups, reminders, motivation, and exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for the review, evaluations, equations, and processing of transfer credits for new, continuing, and returning students.
- Provided resources and advising plans for students experiencing personal and academic difficulties in the program.
- Guided student to a sense of accountability for their own choices and their impact on their prospects for academic success.
- Education Counselor for students' enrolled in a Bachelor or Master's program for the state of New Mexico. Ensured they met state and program requirements.