Test Analyst Cover Letter
Test Analysts use methodical testing methods to ensure that a technology, system or software can perform its intended function with as few glitches or bugs as possible. Primary job duties of a Test Analyst include writing and executing test scripts to detect flaws as effectively as possible, keeping detailed records of any flaws that were found during the testing process, analyzing those flaws and suggesting solutions and monitoring the success of any implemented solutions.
Our collection of sample cover letters for Test Analysts typically contain the following skills and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming or a related field
- Voluntary certification from the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
- 0-5 years of experience
- Familiarity with all major scripting languages such as Java, Python, and SQL
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- A desire to continually update their knowledge
The following cover letter exemplifies similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Test Analyst Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Lopez,
I am submitting my enclosed resume for the position of Test Analyst. With a bachelor’s degree in computer science, two years of experience writing and testing various software applications and voluntary professional certification, I confidently believe that I would be a beneficial addition to the Sun Systems team.
My professional experience includes learning many different scripting languages, including Java, Perl, Ruby, and Python, writing and implementing an array of testing scripts, identifying previously undetected bugs and glitches, thoroughly documenting each flaw found and providing comprehensive solutions for those flaws.
The following are a few highlights of my education and experience:
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Oregon State University
- Received certification as a Certified Tester from the ISTQB
- Progressed through consecutive positions as an intern and Junior Tester at Prairie Technologies
- Successfully tested and debugged dozens of software applications
- Participated in several major software releases
- Increased my team’s efficiency and productivity by advocating agile software development practices
I hope to have the opportunity to bring my extensive technical knowledge, passion for coding, team spirit and meticulous attention to detail to Sun Systems.
I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position further with you.