Supported six Underwriters in reviewing submissions and obtaining the information to enable identifying and assessing risk and exposures, completing a rating workbook, and maintaining policy and claim files for the purpose of compliance, policy registration and issuance. Performed day-to-day troubleshooting and administrative tasks related to Property and Liability Commercial Insurance Programs. Reported to Regional Vice President.
- Adhered to all service standards by completing transactional underwriting duties in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Handled basic underwriting submission analysis for new and renewal business applications.
- Routinely issued policies within 30 days of Binding; issued policy endorsements and processed billing and reinsurance transactions as required using Archlink and Policy Decisions.
- Developed and maintained constructive and cooperative relationships with brokers and the assistants: coordinating work transactions by telephone, e-mail, and in person.
- Responded promptly to all internal and external customer requests with accurate and detailed information.
- Maintained up-to-date logs on all issued policies and upcoming renewal submissions using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Monitored and catalogued all underwriting email correspondence and official policy documents into a final (virtual) policy of record using Imageright system software.