Licensed Insurance Agent
Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.