Voluntarily left Federal project to help in the turnaround and sale of a large-scale, family-owned gas station, car wash, and convenience store with 16 pumps and 8 cashiers. Successfully increased sales volume, reduced operating costs, and positioned business for profitable divestiture. Directed all daily operations, 24/7, including supervising up to 22 employees, managing inventory, retail sales, and gas pricing, performing basic accounting, and controlling costs by monitoring sales and cash reports. Maintained collaborative relationships with vendors, banks, prospective buyers, and Sunoco corporate representatives.
- Took over management after rebuilding of larger station with new technology and equipment. Trained staff, performed troubleshooting of startup issues, and implemented sophisticated inventory-management software.
- Increased revenues 45% in first eight months by rapidly reclaiming and growing client base, negotiating vendor terms and profit margins, and initiating income-generating programs, such as lottery and beer sales.
- Elevated carwash sales 25% by creating special discounts and designing a client loyalty program.
- Performed community outreach through involvement in neighborhood school and sports team fundraising campaigns and participation in police-sponsored town halls.
- Joined the Washington, Maryland, Delaware Service Station and Automotive Repair Association (WMDA) to better understand legislative impacts to the business; actively took part in lobbying efforts.