Supply Base Manager (strategic Sourcing Manager)
Responsible for all strategic procurement activities for a business unit engaged in the manufacturing of high voltage relays, switches and actuators used with aerospace, defense and marine applications. Procurement activities include the sourcing of new suppliers both domestic and internationally, new product introduction, development of cost reduction strategies and inventory reduction programs. Other responsibilities include implementation of long term scheduling agreements, reduction of supplier lead-times, implementation of supplier managed inventory programs, and development of low cost country sourcing initiatives. . Other focus includes working closely with cross functional teams including operations, engineering and finance to maximize product manufacturability and costing to increase profitability.
- Resourced deep draw stamping assemblies from domestic source to India yielding cost savings of $350K annually
- Achieved $200K annual savings though resourcing of PCBA Assemblies from the US to Mexico
- Developed and implemented procurement strategy for introduction of high performance relay systems for Joint Strike Fighter Program
- Sourced and identified Industrial Participating suppliers in 11 countries to provide components for F-35 JSF program
- Implemented over 50 domestic SAP VMI scheduling agreements resulting in cost reductions of over $280K annually