Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
Responsibilities include Global Sourcing materials, equipment, supplies, and services for network spend category. Develop successful network category strategies, a tactical plan to achieve those strategies and execute to achieve two year savings of over $12M. Manage 60 vendor relationships including Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Avaya, Genesys, Verint, Anixter, World Wide Technology, Dimension Data, Empirix, Noble Systems and IBM.
- Led Cisco $29M+ Ariba RFP e-project for SmartNet/Advanced Services (AS) Achieved custom deal with best in class market rates
- Two year savings $12M+ savings on spend of $60M
- Achieved 40%+ savings on Data Center Infrastructure purchase
- Achieved $1M of free software for competitive displacement of International Contact Center deal
- Led effort for engineering acceptance and approval to use Cisco compatible optics saving 50% on already heavily discounted Cisco pricing
- Achieved reductions of 80% of maintenance agreements
at this job
- Responsible for supporting activities related to sourcing private label product through all sourcing paths for $4.6 Billion in sales in Lawn and Garden department
- Executed a supplier matrix assessment resulting in the development of a more acute supplier group. This allowed for a growth in profit as well as increased store execution
- Weekly collaboration with offshore sourcing teams to mitigate any outstanding factory issues and ensure that the team was executing by the timeline
- Highly involved in the communication within the cross-functional team as related to the category team and offshore sourcing teams as related to product specifications or global design packs; track samples, price quotes, product finalization, supplier commitments, and shipment times; and obtain cost information on desired products. Calendar adherence was essential as the completion of key milestones was necessary for downstream functions
- Managed the on-boarding processes for new suppliers and maintained relationships with existing suppliers in regards to implementing and maintaining process approval guidelines across the supplier matrix; working with Ethical Sourcing to verify that all suppliers adhere to ethical compliance policies; conducting supplier training, feedback, and learning sessions; compiled, maintained, and validated internal metrics to formally assess supplier performance; and communicate supplier performance to Global Sourcing management and business partners
- Built relationships and partnered with key stakeholders to identify business needs, determine and carry out necessary processes and practices, monitor progress and results, and to recognize and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Constant adaptation to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities
at this job
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Original equipment manufacturer of hydraulic axles and suspensions for the RV, heavy-duty truck, and agricultural markets, with an estimated annual purchase volume for raw material and parts of $40 million.
- Coordinated reorganization of purchasing department and materials section to improve efficiency and focus on completing policy deployment goals and targets. Substantial process mapping, trend analysis, and progress charting.
- Hired, trained, and supervised buying staff. Coordinated all supplier management activities for Hydraulic Axle business in Brookston and Suspension divisions for Mt. Vernon, MO facility. Close coordination with Procurement Director in Mt. Vernon on combined strategic sourcing efforts.
- Member of Corporate Purchasing Council, Customer Focus Team Member, and Conscious Company
at this job
Personal Assistant to RE VP / Administrative Assistant to Strategic Sourcing Manager
Personal Assistant to RE VP / Administrative Assistant to Strategic Sourcing Manager, directly under the CIO, Materials Management Programme Director, Supplier Managers
- Managed travel, agendas, meetings, calendars and expenses for VP, three managers and two supplier managers.
- Heavy preparation of meetings outside of Houston for senior Shell executives (hotel bookings, ground transport, all logistical information, compilation of information booklet including biographies, agenda, theme of meeting).
- Transcribed all information for business travel into Outlook calendar for easy access for managers.
- Prepared and presented Powerpoint presentations for managers and their staff.
- Scheduled and attended complex webcasts with various companies in multiple time zones.
- Handled managers' IT issues and ensured completion of issues.
- Ordered and maintained supplies for staff.
- Coordinated a project to maintain a paper and electronic database for Real Estate Contracts for Shell
- Scheduled complex travel schedule for VP (Multiple changes, multiple continents and countries, including ground transportation in each location, a detailed agenda given to the VP before the trip with all information, Visa requests for passport ensured)
- Processed working time reports in SAP system for all Real Estate staff. Maintained a spreadsheet that included working hours for staff and distributed to managers.
at this job
Category Sourcing Manager, MRO
- Responsible for establishing a category strategy and managing a portfolio of MRO related spend ($30M) in a matrixes environment.
- Responsible for leading all sourcing initiatives with functional business partners for multiple divisions in the US and Canada.
- Act as a key link between internal stakeholders, procurement, and external suppliers and develop integrated strategies, standard operating procedures, sustainable cost improvement processes and transparent cost reporting.
- Use strategic sourcing best practices to maximize value in terms of cost savings/avoidance, demand management, risk reduction, and supplier performance.
at this job
Global Sourcing Manager
Manage the purchasing, planning and production functions of the Corporate Headquarters, Blaine, MN.
- Create and support training and development plans for employees.
- Lead strategic global sourcing initiatives and critical domestic sourcing needs of the business that maximize value by reducing and controlling costs while ensuring quality and service that strengthen our business and customer relationships.
- Provide leadership support to Buyers, giving guidance on strategic approach, vendor negotiations and corrective actions upon under-performing suppliers.
- Establish and track performance metrics for the Purchasing organization, assuring performance standards are being met and maintained. Research and correct areas identified as not meeting those standards.
- Monitor and track (monthly) specific commodity market trends and communicate critical changes to leadership.
- Implement process improvements that target increasing efficiencies and reducing costs.
- Review purchase and production costs and product quality with the Finance, Ops and Quality Mangers, and action improvement tasks when necessary.
- Participate in New Product Development project teams.
- Work directly with the Operation Manager of the RAM Pump (United Kingdom) business segment to identify targeted parts for global sourcing or cost controlling/reduction efforts.
at this job
Strategic Sourcing Manager - Integration
- Key liaison between Sourcing, Supply Chain and Own Brands senior leadership teams to communicate integration plans, progress, identify issues or concerns that required immediate resolution
- Developed project tracker and tracked integration success
- Established timelines and deliverables for each work stream
- Coordinated multiple integration work streams among functional team leads
- Supported project execution such as defining key success metrics, provided issue resolution, maintained quality assurance and procedures documentation
- Oversee key Sourcing process and procedures for the new organization
- Helped manage discontinuation of existing Brands portfolio
- Supported Own Brands portfolio rollout into 1000+ stores
- Researched and reconciled invoice discrepancies
at this job
Assistant Sourcing Manager - Knit Tops and Sets, Outerwear, Lingerie & Swimwear
- Assisted Sourcing Manager in T&A in Product development, pricing negotiations, on-time delivery; sampling, fabric specifications, color and bulk fabric approvals.
- Work with Product Managers of multiple brands, to achieve the best price and quality, specific to each brand emphasis. Manage tech design and colorist priorities to meet delivery and sampling each season. Ensure adherence to calendar for all media and seasonal approvals.
- Finalize/confirm all product with Product Managers and Sourcing Manager; follow-up with Inventory team; manage trim and color approvals in coordination with Product Managers. Manage re-order production and delivery for specific departments for Sourcing manager of knit tops orders.
- Review/reject/approve lab dips, strikeoffs, embroidery colors and bulks.
- Support & Training new users in systems; Supporting Database Manager and Sourcing / Product Development web-based systems.
at this job
- Managed a team responsible for over 50 million in revenue
- Primarily responsible for sourcing crafting products from Chinese Vendors
- Communicated across departments with clarity, ensuring fast and accurate work flow through the company
- Ultimately I was asked to rethink several aspects of our department and work to improve overall performance
at this job