Major Project Director / R&d Core Leadership Team Member
Facilitated tactical management of large strategic development projects across Supply Chain, R&D, Product Management, and other functional groups for a $4M budget, 4 year project timeline, 15+ person team. Position developed for confidential company pilot. Acted as core leader, developing and influencing direction for R&D department.
- Reduced time to development for a new product innovation by 6 months through Project Management efforts.
- Insured appropriate project risk assessments, management, and mitigation plans.
- Avoided unnecessary costs through clear identification, ranking, and communication of risks and trade-off analysis.
- Developed and communicated recommendations for Project Management competency, processes, and tools for the organization.
- Primary influencer for global R&D strategy development. Coached leaders in a process to create yearly goals and objectives based on strategy and demonstrated how to break it down to their department and individuals for professional and department success.
- Designed and executed implementation strategy for Game of Work methodology to achieve common metrics to measure results and promote new coaching strategies improving communication between manager and employee.
- Served as an advocate to foster community in R&D and improve cultural survey ratings.
- Innovation Engineering Process Leader coaching others on top innovation projects in the company portfolio.