ERP Analyst III
Modifications to existing Sam Houston (SHSU) web pages. This was done in PHP and involved SSH using Linux command line for updates, on a LAMP stack. Such modifications include updating registration page for Social Security Number tracking, meeting new IRS requirements, handling building ID changes, and adding user roles.
- Managing door access for faculty, staff and students (over 20k records). Had full control of a Mimer database which these records were stored in. Wrote a script in C# which loaded these records into the CCURE software periodically. Had full control and access to CCURE.
- Managed the SHSU key system, which tracks key and access requests. Worked with Facilities Management to add new features using PHP and jquery. New features include letting Key Request Admins delegate approving authority, student card access active for a few hours, and searching previous key request records.
- Created inventory system for IT department using PHP and Bootstrap. System was modular with the intention of reuse for any department's inventories. Bootstrap was used for the ease in making a clean layout.
- Troubleshooting door access for faculty and students using the Software House CCURE system. These issues were sometimes web related, user related, and hardware related. Sometimes involved evenings and weekends.
- Worked with the Bearkat One Office to coordinate dorm room access for students. This would include missing keys that are not showing up in the web inventory, requiring PHP debugging - or possibly user error. Also provided the BKO with door access logs through the CCURE software upon request.
- Worked with SQL database team to fix data error caused by legacy code. Sometimes departments would update the way their data is structured in the database with no warning, causing the PHP code to no longer interact properly. This would require database troubleshooting and extra coordination with the database team.
- Worked with team managers on a daily basis, making sure Facilities Management and the IT department are on the same page.