Field Director/chief Operating Officer
A major youth character development organization with assets of $7M and an operating budget of $1.6M. Reported to the CEO and managed a staff of 4 field district executives. Directed agency fundraising revenue generation, day-to-day program business operations, community outreach membership recruitment, and human resources in 31 Western suburbs of the greater Chicagoland area. Generated fundraising revenue of $1M annually.
- Increased membership by 4%, serving 7,000 youth and 2,000 adult volunteers in 225 community based programs.
- Implemented customer service improvement solutions, resulting in a 7% increase in participant retention from 66% to 73%.
- Created a unique year-round adopt-a-school recruitment program which grew Cub Scout market share from 10% to 13%.
- Directed the Annual Giving Fundraising Campaign. Total annual dollars raised grew from $298,235 to $336,895, a 13% increase.
- Served as the product sale fundraising campaign manager and directed 110 volunteer chairpersons. Increased fundraising donations by 38%, from $499,620 to $692,730.
- Led the council's marketing and public relations initiatives. Developed the fundraising marketing video and script, program guidebook, annual report, and electronic newsletter.
- Mentored and advised various Board Members which included the Vice President of Membership, Vice President of Development, Vice President of Operations, and Vice President of Commissioner Customer Service.