0-5 years of experience
Developed and generated new business opportunities leading to project awards for a, multi-million dollar program, project, construction management, architectural and engineering company that specializes in construction-related services for public agencies including local, state and federal agencies, -school districts, universities, healthcare, and research institutions.
Researched, developed, and established initial contact with potential clients for early lead identification of new project opportunities worth a minimum of $10 million each. Generated and qualified an average of 20 leads per month. Established and cultivated relationships with potential and existing clients through cold calling, meeting, and continued follow-up. Communicated and led successful implementation of strategic planning that resulted in project awards. Conducted weekly business development conference calls with Senior Management, Regional Executives and Market Sector Directors. Created, captured and maintained a streamlined internal initiation, coordination, and tracking system for lead management. Supported the Marketing Director in developing and executing the annual corporate marketing plan by determining target markets, strategies to penetrate same markets, creation of sales objectives and identification of tasks necessary to achieve the Company's sales goals and objectives. Participated in strategic planning in conjunction with senior executives.
Developed and maintained conference budget and schedule. Identified, planned, managed, coordinated, and attended all trade shows, conferences, workshops, speaking opportunities, dinners and other networking events. Led and participated in meetings with regions, core teams and executives regarding event strategy and event updates. Cultivated and maintained productive relationships with organizations, vendors, clients, and exhibitors. Managed booth/event properties logistics including booth equipment, signage, and giveaways.
Demonstrated ability to partner with proposal teams in proposal development activities from inception through delivery. Proofread, edited responses to RFPs. Assisted Marketing Director as well as, led in preparing teams for interviews.
- Developed training material and implemented new lead management and marketing campaign system.
- Researched and identified new business opportunities.
- Qualified targeted opportunities that led to project awards.
- Developed new relationships with prospective clients by pre-positioning Company for future accounts.
- Communicated and led successful implementation of strategic planning that resulted in project awards.
- Organized and streamlined business development efforts and trade show venues.
- Performed cost analysis on multiple vendor contracts and negotiated new vendor contracts resulting in 30% savings.
- Identified deficiencies and reduced overall conference budget by 30%.