Business Continuity Manager - Vice President
Regional responsibility for a global BCMP, ensuring over 55 offices, across 4 countries fulfilled their business resumption, policy and regulatory requirements. Actively lead a small team and participated in the full life cycle of business continuity for the following business areas: trading & hedging; advisory & capital raising; finance & investing; leasing & research. Planned, delivered and reported on enterprise wide testing and resiliency status. Facilitated tabletop exercises. Incident management (24 hours on-call), utilizing crisis messaging tools. Managed department budget.
- Championed and participated in the reengineering of an enterprise wide BCMP, building business confidence and assurances in their resumption capability through BIAs, risk identification, tabletop exercises and testing.
- Provided response management through business incidents including: acts of nature, pandemic, executive protection, political unrest and IT interruptions, often requiring the activation of resilience strategies.
- Produced BIAs via business consultancy, which were approved and published using online tools to guide resumption decisions, for example critical task diversification or the transfer of critical processes to an alternate work location.
- Assisted in the evaluation, testing and enterprise deployment of an automated crisis messaging tool, Whispir, which was promoted through a staff training and awareness campaign improving staff safety.
- Achieved a significant reduction in business continuity documentation by implementing a critical process focused program, replacing booklet style plans with a two page handout, improving plan quality and effectiveness.
- Passed several stringent audit and regulatory examinations by maintaining BC documentation online in SharePoint.
- Consulted with the businesses, IT and 3rd party suppliers to ensure testing programs provide the required assurances for business continuity in line with internal policy and regulatory requirements.