Senior Project Manager and PMO Manager
Leader of all company project management activities. Account management of the company's largest client.
- Developed a customized Enterprise Project Management solution on the Sharepoint Server 2010 platform which refined the company's day to day processes to effect change resulting in improved efficiency, better quality, and effective portfolio management
- Administered Microsoft Project Server and developed custom workflows using Visual Studio to automate tasking and increase accountability throughout the company
- Established a PMO from scratch and provided seasoned leadership to the technical operations staff.
- Established a supportive environment that allowed employees to grow and provide imaginative solutions to complex client needs
- Directly supervised three project managers
- Provided supervision and support to all team members on a project by project basis
at this job
IT PMO Manager
- Initially employed as a Senior Project Manager and then promoted to PMO Manager (September 2009). Member of the IT management team reporting directly to the CIO.
- Implemented formal project management processes based on industry best practice but tailored to the Moog organizational culture.
- Having established the PMO credentials, established the PMO as a broader center of excellence providing project management services to both other functional areas of Moog and other operating groups on a global basis.
- Defined and implemented work priority management and resource management processes.
- Led a team of project managers and analysts to deliver a prioritized set of projects in line with operating group strategies.
- Acted as project manager for large, global, multi-disciplinary projects.
at this job
PMO Manager/ IS Risk Manager
Acting IS Audit and Compliance Officer for a SOC2 certification initiative. Performed product and departmental risk assessments.
- Built a Project Management Office by creating a standard framework, processes and procedures to follow for all enterprise projects. Reported to the CTO and CIO.
- Trained a staff of 8 business analysts, Jr. PM's, and development personal on PM best practices.
- Oversaw all projects in the PMO including business, IT, audit & compliance, and strategic initiatives.
- Conducted analysis on each project to determine ROI and viability of project undertaking before presenting it to the Board of Directors.
- Created executive presentations on portfolio status for the BOD and Sr. Management.
- Created the company-wide Style Guide and Master templates. Created and taught the corresponding class on Style Guide and template usage.
- Created the framework, plan, and processes to be used for the Risk Management department by conducting research on Risk Management ISO 31000 framework, best practices, and RM auditing.
- Managed team of 3 direct reports consisting of Project Analysts and Jr. Project Managers.
- Product Manager for the Client Web Portal project. Gathered the requirements, created wireframes, functional specs and site maps. Ensured features and functionality of sites were communicated to project team.
- Types of projects managed: Client Software Implementations, Client Portal, Great Plains (GP) Upgrade, Server Consolidation, SOC 2 Compliance Initiative, Product and Department Risk Assessments.
at this job
Maximized results by specifically applying resources in areas that capitalized on their individual strengths resulting in significant improvements in customer/supplier relationships
- Conceptualized and implemented strategy for capturing Project and Program metrics and funneling that information to easy-to understand dashboards. Enabled Executive Management to keep a pulse on project health, revenue expectations, and strategic analysis of projects.
- Direct Management oversight for a team of 11 employees, 8 of which are direct reports
- Manager in charge of continuous development and oversight of core PMO process that power product development and launches which include: New Product Development stage-gate process, Change Request/Management, Risk Management, Project Management planning, Free and Open Source Software tracking and compliance, Software Entitlement Management, Release Management of new and sustaining products
- Developed strategy for capacity planning of PMO resources which measured strategic value as well as project size and complexity to determine best fit from a skillset and capacity vantage point
at this job
Bpm/it PMO Manager
Providing leadership, direction and oversight of all BPM, Project Management and IT Governance initiatives in the IS/IT department. Redesigned the company's IT Engagement Model through process re-engineering, new and continuing governance efforts and departmental organization while also implementing best practices such as ITIL.
- Appointed as Chairman of the IT Steering Committee with membership representing upper level management across nine functional units in the division
- Appointed as Chairman of the Change Approval Board implementing and enforcing ITIL Service Transition principles and change management best practices throughout the department
- Redesigned the project initiation process and integrated IT Committee and Executive Leadership Team oversight into it providing immediate visibility and transparency improvements for all IT-related projects
at this job
PMO Manager - Project/program Manager
Internal: As a PMO Manager, manage and lead a team of 5 to provide centralized financial, deliverable and operations management support to projects, worth ~$100 M, across PSI. Coordinate with corporate office teams to ensure contracting, accounting, legal, recruiting and HR support for projects is adequately planned. Manage internal communications with the project stakeholders, internal stakeholders as well as PSI executives. Participate in business development and provide peer-to-peer support and mentoring for new project managers.
- Led creation of PSI PMO from conception to execution.
- Created Financial Management templates for various types of contracts.
- Review KPIs, spot trends in fiscal performance and advise PMs and PSI executives accordingly.
- Reviewed project documentation and interviewed Senior Management, Project Management team, Vendor team, and other business stakeholders regarding their experience in group and individual formats to identify and document lessons learned and provide recommendations to mitigate them in future projects.
- Provide financial and deliverable oversight for Senior Vice President, Service Management and Delivery on overall testing support services program on a $23+ M, 107 FTE annual contract.
- Support ICD-10 PD team in risk identification, mitigation strategy, issue escalation, client communication, project timeline, and resource management for IV&V activities.
- Supported MHS Learn Program Office in risk identification, mitigation strategy, issue escalation, client communication, project timeline, and resource management.
- Managed successful development and delivery of course content and functionality for HIPAA training.
- Managed development and implementation of Common Access Card (CAC) Single Sign On capability.
- Managed development, implementation and integration of eBenefits and My Healthevet/My Recovery Plan portal for Veteran’s Affairs (VA)
at this job
PMO Manager/program Manager
- Successfully led a multiyear program with a budget of $23 million. Migrated our clients claim processing and customer service functions onto our systems using our operational staff to administer. Served as the programs single point of contact for daily interaction, escalation of issues, and management of steering committees needs and expectations while promoting transparency.
- Work directly with the Information Technology Architecture team to identify strategic project breakdowns within the program. Identified 16 production deliverables for an Affordable Care Act program in which we formed parallel teams and sequencing of work that established shorter overall delivery date.
- Mentor project managers by leading complex work break down sessions that help them identify project deliverables, milestones, task dependencies and the critical path.
- Successfully eliminated 1200 hours of scope by negotiating banking arrangements with our parent company. Forced decision of bank ownership to significantly reduce scope for our financial systems deliverable.
- Track and monitor financial performance of the program. Report financials for actual to budgeted comparison for labor hours and dollars, operating costs and capital costs. Secure funding approvals for changes in scope.
- Monitor program risks through an on-going process of identifying, assessing, tracking, developing and executing risk mitigation strategies.
- Exceeded leaderships expectations by recording accurate program health by collecting and consolidating a team of project managers various project work plans and statuses in order to effectively communicate relevant project information and highlight risks to the executive team.
- Promoted to a PMO manager that motivates and mentors a staff of business analysts, project managers and contract staff in 3 locations.
- Develop staff by assigning team and individual goals and actively monitor progress. Assignments are designed to strengthen the team’s business knowledge, project approach and presentation skills.
at this job
Manage project management office activities in support of a major software
development effort from design to implementation.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and coordination of project master
- Manage project risks, issues and changes.
- Manage continuous process improvement of risk, issue and change
- Conduct metrics reporting, including project plan trending metrics, project
- Coordinate with Functional Plan Managers to ensure effective overall project
- Manage the submission of project deliverables to ensure timeliness and adherence to project schedule and standards.
at this job
IT Global PMO Manager
Worked side-by-side with CIO and partnered with firm's senior management to ensure technology projects were aligned with firm's business goals
- Reviewed business strategy, defined project objectives, set priorities and managed technology budgets through Business Prioritization Council; principle point of contact for all firm's business heads to review status, milestones, risks and issues, and follow up on action items from BPC
- Provided weekly project reporting for CFO through dashboard - highlighted milestones, issues, risks and costs; audited all technology projects across firm; prepared materials for weekly IT Project Managers Meetings - reviewed status and assessed health of each project
- Focal point for technology financial management; compiled, tracked and reported on IT department project budgets monthly; developed quarterly project allocation reports for Finance & Accounting; ran semi-annual line of business technology budget review meetings
at this job
PMO Manager/project Manager U-haul Technical Center
- Project Manager for multiple process improvement and system implementation projects.
- Develop standards and processes for all projects. Collaborate with senior management and project teams on project initiation, requirements, documentation and implementation.
- Lead development of project management standards, process improvements, documentation requirements throughout project lifecycles.
- Oversee development of support systems, encompassing management reporting on projects and collaboration among multiple department interfaces.
- Develop and implement project management evaluations to identify the organizations strengths and weaknesses. Analyze evaluation results and present metrics and reporting on PM and PMO performance to senior management. Develop training sessions, courses and tools to improve project management weaknesses across the organizations.
at this job