Sr. HR Business Partner
Worked as the strategic partner to the senior leadership team members within this large, global manufacturing organization. Managed all aspects of human resource responsibilities to assigned business units to include employee relations, coaching & development, performance management, succession planning, compensation review, training, and facilitate talent acquisition and workforce management. Influenced managers and created an environment of positive employee relations.
- Instrumental in leading the human resources efforts of a full reorganization/transformation of the North America (NA) IT department needed to meet the needs of the future IT organization. Played a key role in the success of the project by acting as a key contributor in decisions throughout the project. Project timeline -14 months.
- Completed job analysis for use in consolidating over 220 job titles into 67 new positions/job descriptions which incorporated career progression in this matrix organization. Oversaw the compensation/grading for all new positions.
- Instrumental in bringing Leadership Development training to the Senior IT Leadership team. Facilitated monthly offsite trainings with Pelorus Leadership Group. Project timeline -2 years.
- Spearheaded a large implementation project to standardize all of the background screening processes throughout North America which resulted in aligning over 150 locations, with cost savings estimated over $100,000 annually, besides reducing the risk of litigation by having all divisions in NA running uniform background screenings. This project included the sourcing and securing of a large employer services vendor to support all screenings for US with international capabilities. Managed the implementation of all decisions, including timelines and training. Project timeline- 5 months.
- Managed the process for the NA Corporate offices very large and complex Affirmative Action Plan reporting. Accountable to external legal counsel throughout project duration. Project timeline averaged 8 weeks annually from creation to reporting.
- Successfully streamlined the contractor consultant vendor initiatives and managed resources of over 100+ contractors throughout NA. Established viable relationships with staffing partners to include rate negotiations, which resulted in average annual cost savings of 7%
- Hand selected to chair the Gerdau Institute Social Responsibilities Team for the Tampa offices. Obtained the highest number of employee participation in Gerdau NA history during my tenure.
- Deployed and championed companywide HR initiatives and processes to include new succession planning tool, SAP HRIS processes, Employee Engagement Survey.
- Trained Global Mobility Consultant on all immigration processes, incorporating consistent business practices for recruiting and retaining Visa sponsored employees.
at this job
IT Business Partner
- Directed five application and report developers focused on creating a wide range of IT solutions to engineering, manufacturing, and process challenges
- Partnered with executive business leaders to provide analytics and IT consultancy
- Captured thousands of hours in cost savings by delivering unique insight into business challenges with Cognos and Tableau dashboard development
- Led initiative to modernize reporting environment architecture, reducing overhead by over $150k a year and mitigating severe risk to manufacturing processes
- Managed a $2 million IT labor budget
at this job
Human Resources Business Partner Manager
Partner with business leaders in the Servicing division leading 700+ employees to ensure that business plans/goals are translated into human capital capabilities to achieve results.
- Conducted onboarding for 4 locations nationally, including the Denver, Houston, Scottsbluff and Phoenix locations. Led new hire orientations and policy training for all of these locations for both managers and employees to ensure consistency of policies within the organization.
- Coordinated and facilitated the closing of the Houston location. Held formal Job Discontinuance conversations with employees whose jobs were being impacted.
- Reviewed, consulted and made recommendations to managers regarding various HR related matters such as performance management, promotions, terminations, job grading, development of job descriptions and salary review.
- Conducted internal investigations including ethics complaints, unemployment compensation claims, disciplinary issues and other compliance related issues. Provided direction and coaching to business partners based on results of investigations, resulting in managers being consistent with all employees regarding policies and procedures.
- Developed and presented various HR related training programs including: New Hire Orientation, Behavioral Interviewing, HR Fundamentals, FMLA, ADA, ADP and NLRB trainings to managers on a quarterly basis.
- Reported and analyzed trends in turnover and recruiting.
- Proposed to senior managers an idea for a talent show and later led a project team of 20 employees to coordinate the show for the Servicing Division. The project team coordinated 7 vendors, 2 stages a DJ and an audition process to select the acts for the final show. This event of 1200 in attendance was an annual event that included singing, dancing, comedy and instrumentals.
at this job
IT Business Partner
Served as IT business partner for rebate, pricing, incentives, order, sales support and reporting teams.
- Worked with business and support teams, generating, prioritizing, funding and implementing ideas for business process improvement and issue resolution.
- Provided systems migration liaison services including system identification, prioritization, planning, documentation, and testing for successful migration of business services systems portfolio during Kimberly-Clark to Halyard spin-off, resulting in elimination of costs and prevention of additional tax penalties for shared processes and operations beyond designated periods
- Led efforts to deliver several enhancement projects, stabilizing processing and increasing accuracy of customer incentive calculations.
- Developed and implemented customer incentive payment detail reports that satisfied customer requirements for reporting and provided necessary payment validation tools for internal business team.
- Designed, developed and implemented medical device tax exemption reporting process, identifying and reducing sales that were exempt from federal medical device taxes.
- Ran efforts integrating contracts and rebate processes for acquired medical devices company, creating smooth transition of operations and minimal disruption for customers.
at this job
HR Business Partner
Operates as the sole HR professional outside of Absolute corporate headquarters (Vancouver, Canada). Responsible for providing strategic and tactical support to the U.S., U.K. and EMEA organizations.
- Work closely with the Business Leaders and corporate HR to align business and HR strategies.
- Initiated benchmarking analysis to ensure competiveness of benefit programs
- Develop new initatives for both US and UK offices to encourage employee engagement and support corporate culture
- Provide leadership and guidance on a global scale for the full scope of Human Resources functions including all aspects of employee relations, performance management, training, change management, benefits and management coaching with the purpose of encouraging a high performance work culture.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal and state laws; initiated and oversaw job analysis project to ensure compliance with the FLSA.
- Partner closely with corporate Recruiting team and hiring managers to ensure recruitment needs of USA and EMEA operations are met; participate in sourcing, interview & selection process as required
- Facilitate and helped revamp employee onboarding and orientation programs
at this job
Human Resources Business Partner Lead
Lead HR efforts across the Americas Region covering 48 states and 1200+ employees. Human Resources Business Partner for President and five Regional VPs of Life and Retirement Business Function. Analyze business and performance, identify strengths and gaps, develop solutions, and assist in implementation. Document disciplinary action / warnings and ensure follow-through on action plan to enhance performance. Track employee performance appraisals. Conduct employee feedback surveys and exit interviews to compile critical data and implement initiatives to improve employee retention and satisfaction.
- Became a strategic partner by gaining insight into all aspects of the business, positions, and obstacles encountered to strategize on effective solutions to meet or exceed business goals.
- Lead project to develop HR training programs for Regional VPs and District Managers (DMs). This program expedited the transition of new DMs by enhancing their management skills, improving their rate of contribution, and increasing their retention rate.
- Delivered full range of training including Performance Management, Talent Reviews, Goal Setting, LOA, and Leadership Skills to DMs and Regional/District Staff.
- Advised Regional VPs and DMs in the appropriate actions regarding advisor misconduct or performance related issues. Investigated allegations of wrongdoing thoroughly and responded to regulatory inquiries.
- Partner with Compliance, Legal and Employee Relations to properly address inappropriate behaviors and report terminations to FINRA.
at this job
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
HR business partner responsible for three global business units and the Office of the CEO.
- Successfully led restructuring effort that reduced cost, reduced layers of management, and increased productivity through development of new job descriptions and roles resulting in an overall cost reduction of 20%.
- Participated in the global career development ladder development and implementation - synchronized titles and compensation ranges, collaborated with business unit managers to create job descriptions, progression requirements and communication plan to associates
- Partnered with HR team and subject matter experts to identify and implement effective strategies, programs and policies.
at this job
Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
A global branded bio-pharma company that focuses on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded medicines and biologic products. Manages programs and projects for Global Functions (Corp Affairs, Corp Dev, and Legal) which support overall HR strategies and goals. Deliver HR support in Global PMP (goal setting, mid-year review, YE review and merit planning) for 3 distinctive legacy company (i.e. ACT, AGN, and FRX).
- Facilitated Global Functions leadership consolidation efforts for both companies' assets in support of Actavis plc acquisition of [company name]. Effort helped business consolidate employee population in order to effectively synchronizes and integrate 2 distinct cultures on day 1 of purchase.
- Supporting Global Functions leadership divestiture efforts of organization generics-drug business to Teva which supports leadership business objective on focusing on its branded pharmaceutical and medical beauty businesses.
- Partnered with business to aligned job grades and titles for the Global Grading - My [company name] Career initiatives for 3 distinctive legacy company (i.e. ACT, AGN, and FRX).
at this job
Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resource Business Partner covering Latin American and the Caribbean Human Resources
- Provided HR guidance to senior management across 3 service lines and 5 industries
- Facilitated strategic staffing discussions through analytics, cost-analysis, expected business requirements for headquarters and 15 countries across Latin America and the Caribbean, including hardship locations such as Haiti
- Reviewed salaries for existing staff and new hires to ensure competitive pay practices for recruitment and retention
- Responsible for the professional development and performance management of all staff, including goal development, performance reviews and career counseling
- Implemented WBG’s new Talent Management Framework and facilitated annual Talent and Performance Reviews with 25 managers for 300 employees
- Facilitated career discussions between employees and managers, and resolved complex employee relations issues
- Implemented WBG’s Caribbean nationals recruitment strategy and Latin America’s recruitment of Sub-Saharan African nationals
- Coordinated the development and co-delivered several trainings around employee benefits, performance management, diversity initiatives, and HR policy
at this job
Director / HR Business Partner, Corporate Functions
Manage 700 full-time and alternate workforce employees and serve as HR Business Partner for Legal, Strategy, and CIO. Partner with Compensation, Learning and Organizational Development, Recruitment, and Employee Relations teams on HR/employee issues as well as organizational development.
- Design and implement workforce planning, succession planning, and re-organizations to achieve a strong workforce with the right people in the right positions.
- Collaborate with external vendor to deliver a team building workshop to increase engagement and collaboration between staff and management.
- Oversee performance improvements plans (PIPs) for low performing employees with a focus on improving their performance and setting them on the path to success.
- Resolve complex organizational challenges by providing people-related solutions and end-to-end people strategy.
at this job