Product Manager Cover Letter
Product Managers generally work in the field of technology and are responsible for managing the process of bringing digital products, such as websites and software, to market. This role is often described as being at the intersection of a company’s business and technical teams.
Your cover letter is the opportunity to show the hiring manager that you can be a great fit for the position. To craft a successful cover letter, it is therefore essential to think about how you match the qualifications of the job. Try to explain how your prior experience, skills, or interests would allow you to fulfill the specific criteria of the job description.
Job descriptions for Product Manager roles typically emphasize the following qualities:
- Passion for product strategy and user experience
- Strong communication skills and team orientation
- Experience with data analytics
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
A sample Product Manager cover letter that highlights some of these skills and experiences appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Product Manager resume samples.
Dear Ms. Carolina Richards:
I am applying for the role of Product Manager on your Content Platform Engineering team. I am currently a Product Manager at Sling Media where I manage a video streaming ecosystem. I excel at working in an environment where I’m faced with significant engineering challenges such as managing accelerated infrastructure growth and dealing with catastrophic loadspikes (3000x). I have experience leading a team to assure all stakeholders needs (both internal and external) are addressed when building out projects, and have extensive experience building out portals for internal and external users to manage integrations on a global scale.
My qualifications include:
- Masters in Computer Science & certified in Business Application development
- Expert in Agile methodology (Scrum & Kanban)
- Experience defining product requirements, roadmaps and long term strategies which satisfy company requirements as well as client asks
- Coordinated global teams to achieve product releases
- Built crowd sourcing tools as well as secure portals & APIs
I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about how I can contribute to your organization.