Pilot Cover Letter
Pilots operate aircraft transporting both passengers and cargo and are found on both commercial and business flights. They usually work in pairs and as part of their role to fly planes safely and economically, they complete the following duties: creating flight plans, supervising airplane fueling, collaborating with cabin crew, communicating with air traffic control, monitoring aircraft performance, reacting to emergency situations, and generating flight reports.
A well-written sample cover letter for Pilot should showcase the following qualifications:
- Technical skills
- Math and physics knowledge
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- The ability to stay calm in case of emergency
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork
- Discipline and commitment
- Time management
Below is provided an example cover letter for Pilot displaying comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Pilot Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Green:
Upon learning of your need for a seasoned Pilot at Sunny Skies Airlines, I was immediately eager to submit my resume for your review. With more than 17 years of experience ensuring outstanding passenger experiences as well as adherence to all guidelines and safety regulations, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
With more than 1,480 flying hours as Pilot in Command, I possess a breadth of technical skill and expertise to allow me to make an immediate and positive contribution to Sunny Skies. Backed by superior communication talents as well as my meticulous attention to detail, I excel at maintaining exceptional levels of timeliness, compliance, and passenger service.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Briefing crewmembers, inspecting aircraft, and cross-checking teams to ensure safe and proper flight conduct.
- Greeting passengers and delivering engaging yet focused safety talks; interacting directly with guests prior to disembarking to ensure optimal experiences and ease any areas of concern.
- Maintaining personal certification and pilot currency requirements according to Federal Aviation Regulation part 61.
- Possessing previous extensive experience as a successful and decorated pilot with the US Air Force.
With my extensive record of success as an airline pilot, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team at Sunny Skies. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.