Air Traffic Controller Cover Letter
Air Traffic Controllers provide the most efficient routes for aircrafts and make sure they stay safe. Although they are known for working in control towers at airports, most Air Traffic Controllers are found in area control centers. Essential responsibilities of an Air Traffic Controller are using radars to monitor the aircraft’s position, assisting with automatic landings, placing airplanes in holding patterns when airports are busy, giving clearance to airplanes, and implementing procedures in case of emergency.
A cover letter sample in the field should mention the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of airport operations and air traffic control expertise
- Good vision
- Spatial awareness
- Good mental and physical health
- Being able to work under pressure
- Accuracy and decisiveness
- Being able to deal calmly with emergency situations
- Time management
Below is displayed a cover letter example for Air Traffic Controller demonstrating similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Air Traffic Controller Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Ingram:
Upon learning of your need for an experienced Air Traffic Controller to join your control center, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an organized and analytical professional with deep experience providing comprehensive leadership and coordination to achieve safe and timely aircraft arrivals and departures, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset in this position.
Recognized as a level-headed and detail-focused controller with a superb ability to make sound decisions quickly when under pressure, I bring to the table excellent experience communicating with pilots regarding climbing and descent maneuvers, cruising levels, and emergencies and/or unexpected situations. Backed by superior interpersonal and multitasking capabilities, I excel at ensuring safe, orderly, and efficient movement of air traffic.
A few highlights of my experience include…
- Utilizing established procedures at the Portland Regional Airport to establish flight and traffic management plans and control air traffic to maximize efficiency and safety while minimizing delays; holding a 100% success rate in maintaining radio and phone contact and coordinating controls with 10+ control towers each day.
- Assisting pilots in all aspects of flight planning, including navigation, general procedures, and NOTAMS; issuing instructions and maintaining detailed report logs and databases.
- Liaising between air traffic and corporate aviation departments to alleviate potential problems with air traffic services.
- Supporting overall airport operations, such as emergency coordination, noise complaint investigation, and ATC services.
- Balancing multiple competing and simultaneous responsibilities within deadline-driven high-pressure environments, prioritizing effectively to ensure on-time completion of all tasks.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of air traffic management, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team at the J.D. Houston Airport. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Kenneth B. Whittington