Passenger Service Agent Cover Letter
Passenger Service Agents provide assistance to customers before and after flights. Examples of Passenger Service Agent duties include implementing safety requirements, collaborating with airport staff, supervising cargo loading, managing baggage claims, selling tickets, answering to customer inquiries, completing check-in, maintaining databases, and coordinating the boarding of passengers. They are also responsible for assisting passengers with special needs or traveling with children.
A successful cover letter example for Passenger Service Agent should mention the following job qualifications:
- Knowledge of airport operations and security standards
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Attention to details and observational skills
- The ability to follow airport procedures in a very strict manner
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer competences
Similar skills and experience are included in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Passenger Service Agent Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Hedge:
Upon learning of your search for a new Passenger Service Agent to join your team at SkyView Airlines, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. With my enthusiasm and professionalism, along with my dedication to providing excellent passenger service and support, I am confident that I would quickly become a valuable member of your staff.
My experience includes six years of providing comprehensive passenger service as an Agent with Soaring Bird Airlines. With my keen ability to understand passenger needs and perform diverse administrative tasks, I excel at performing a broad range of pre- and post-departure operations while achieving unparalleled customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Delivering outstanding passenger service by handling check-in duties, reservations, ticketing, seating arrangements, rebooking, security assistance, and baggage processing to facilitate stress-free and enjoyable flights for all passengers.
- Boarding confirmed ticketed passengers on board aircrafts, controlling the Jet Bridge and all gates with maximum safety and efficiency.
- Providing passengers with clear, concise, and courteous up-to-date flight information.
- Issuing airline tickets and implementing all elements to meet annual sales targets.
- Performing various administrative responsibilities such as billing, documentation, supply management, and purchasing.
- Communicating directly with a wide variety of personalities, leveraging interpersonal talents to build strong relationships and secure both passenger and co-worker trust.
- Listening to customer concerns and needs and offering timely and professional responses for maximum customer satisfaction.
With my proven commitment to ensuring first-rate passenger experiences, I am excited to offer my record of excellent service to your team at SkyView Airlines. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Gail D. Reed