Steward Cover Letter
Stewards are responsible for making passengers on an aircraft or ship feel safe and comfortable. Typical roles for a Steward include greeting passengers, guiding them towards their seats, demonstrating emergency procedures, serving meals and drinks, answering to inquiries and reassuring passengers in case of emergency.
A strong cover letter for a steward will likely include many of the following skills:
- Good communication abilities
- Organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Service experience
- Ability to think and act on one’s feet
Scroll down to read an example Steward cover letter that incorporates these skills.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Campbell,
I am writing to submit my resume for the open position of Steward at Lark Voyages. With over 15 years of experience in service and hospitality, including seven years as a Steward, I have the skills needed to provide top-notch service in this position.
In my previous work experience as a Steward onboard a large passenger vessel, I provided service to cabins, public rooms, and common areas, and efficiently organized and supervised a housekeeping staff of 100 plus. My practical experience is bolstered by my bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Services.
Some of my skills and career highlights include:
- Oversaw and provided service for a passenger vessel of 1000 to 2600 guests
- Responsible for scheduling and managing a staff of over 100 while maintaining productivity levels according to budget and forecast
- Won “Rising Star of the Month” for October 2016
- Maintained the rooms and bathrooms in the accommodations up to health standards and clean on a daily basis.
- Provided training for new hires and current employees of policies and procedures of the vessel.
Having spent seven years as a steward on a large passenger vessel, I know I can meet up the requirements and responsibilities of a Steward aboard a Lark Voyages ship. I offer highly attentive service, keen management style and an eye for detail. I am available for a personal interview to discuss my experience and future goals and also learn more about the position. Thank you for considering me.
Blaise M. Trotman