Network Administrator Cover Letter
Network Administrators ensure the connectivity of an organization’s network of devices. This broad definition includes a variety of work activities, such as installing hardware and software, monitoring network security, developing ways to increase network efficiency, responding to network anomalies, installing network updates, educating network users on systems and network updates, reaching out to vendors for network enhancements and presenting network status updates to non-technical stakeholders.
Based on several of our Network Administrator resume samples, the following are the skills and competencies that are most relevant to obtaining employment:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, network administration, or computer science
- LAN and WAN expertise
- Proficiency in network performance tuning
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Organizational and planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
Below is a sample Network Administrator cover letter that highlights some of the above abilities and skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Network Administrator Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Weeks,
I am writing to express my interest in interviewing for the position of Network Administrator. During my 10 years of experience as a Network Administrator for Decht Industries I have become an expert in both LAN and WAN. I think this expertise, coupled with my overall skillset, makes me a great fit for your organization.
My professional experience includes overseeing the day-to-day tasks required to maintain a network, as well as ensuring my employer’s data was protected through implementing the latest network security updates. I think my experience managing both networks and people has taught me valuable skills I can use to help Stone Industries grow.
Here are my most relevant qualifications and accomplishments:
- 10 years of experience as a Network Administrator for Decht Industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Network Administration from Colgate University
- Used LAN and WAN expertise to create and maintain a stable internal network at Decht Industries
- Established SOP for network performance tuning that was followed by my team of IT Technicians
- Developed and implemented security updates in accordance with the latest industry trends
I think my organizational abilities and attention to detail truly separate me from candidates with similar qualifications. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Robert T. Marshall