Managed, developed, implemented, modified, and supported complex Finance information applications/systems in compliance with the firm's technology standards using offshore support models. Translated user/client needs, performed root-cause analysis, researched/recommended solutions, authored technical documentation/manuals/operating procedures, conducted quarterly IT SOX reviews (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) for ledger and enterprise control data applications, and created technical specifications.
- Championed the DB2 Upgrade from Version 8 to Version 9 while ensuring a smooth integration to minimize downtime and ensure peak productivity levels. Tested and enhanced the application, monitored/troubleshot performance issues/data loss, developed test plans, analyzed/resolved coding/scripting errors, and maintained current knowledge on updates/changes to the software.
- Oversaw the Production Support/Maintenance for 48 Applications in the Finance Portfolio and collaborated with onshore/offshore teams and firms as part of the Applicant Support and Maintenance Team (ASM). Resolved production incidents, answered questions from end-users on applications/technology, and served as the primary contact for escalated issues. Documented and disseminated information on production issues to executive management.
- Worked with Business Users to document business requirements and write corresponding functional and technical specifications for application changes
- Reduced Production Incidents 20% by creating "problem tickets" for recurring/high-impact incidents and partnering with the offshore partner (TCS) to perform root-cause investigations and propose/implement solutions.
- Communicated Technical Knowledge and Best Practices to TCS onshore/offshore analysts, team-members, junior staff, and end users through engaging one-on-one/group training sessions. Cross-trained employees to provide backup during office absences/vacations.