Data Center Manager
Responsible for managing Data Center and IT operations, in addition to capital budget preparation and oversight; lead the Production/Change Management and Telecomm teams, IT disaster recovery, capacity planning and infrastructure project management, as well as serve as Infrastructure Liaison to Project Management Office And Development.
- Led the Y2K initiative for Infrastructure, assuring a non-disruptive rollover of operations by creating validation procedures, determining synchronization of backups and developing special processing requirements.
- Developed - as part of a small team - the Project Management Office, requiring three months of 20-30 hours per week to define process and deliverables for each project stage; ensured full involvement by operations, data security, disaster recovery and change control departments.
- Partnered in negotiating a new CMOS mainframe, which reduced costs from $56k to $23k per month.
- Decreased problems by 25% over a two-year period by initiating problem root cause analysis.
- Developed - with an external partner - web-based education program for staff, resulting in budget savings of over 10K in one calendar year.
- Converted non-exempt staff work schedule, which resulted in reduced overtime costs by 45%, reduced absenteeism rate by 33% and increased staff morale and productivity by 25%.