Merchandising Assistant Cover Letter
Merchandiser Assistants provide support to employees responsible for achieving sales plans by making sure the right products reach the shelves. Typical job duties of a Merchandiser Assistant include anticipating future product needs, helping to develop merchandise plans, collaborating with buyers, negotiating contracts with suppliers, allocating stock amounts to each outlet, finding solutions to minimize stock holdings, monitoring stock movements, and completing other duties as assigned by Merchandisers.
Essential job requirements deducted from a successful Merchandiser Assistant cover letter example are:
- Merchandising skills
- Being able to follow instructions
- Organization and planning
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking and forecasting
- Computer competences
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
Similar job skills and abilities can be seen in the cover letter sample provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Merchandising Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Runyan:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Merchandising Assistant position you have available. As a skilled and enthusiastic merchandising professional with comprehensive experience within the retail industry, I possess a range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background includes planning and implementing strategic merchandise plans, coordinating purchasing functions, and assisting in inventory management to maximize profit enhancement and product turnover. Through my experience, I have achieved success in facilitating consistent sales and gross margin increases. Additionally, my ability to provide comprehensive administrative support positions me to make a significant contribution to your business.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Assisting the merchandising manager at Quoma Apparel for the past three years in an assistant role, performing tasks such as inventory control, purchasing/order placement, sales reporting, and vendor relationship management.
- Offering ecommerce expertise to improve the store’s website and accelerate online sales; playing a key role in increasing web sales by 45% in 2014, 87% in 2015, and 142% in 2016.
- Supporting all facets of retail merchandise systems maintenance, including vendor set-up, purchase order management, and system error debugging.
- Providing administrative support in tasks such as records management, correspondence, invoice processing, and temporary staff training and supervision.
- Liaising effectively between cross-functional departments including logistics, distribution, and marketing.
- Thriving within deadline-driven, fast-paced, challenging environments.
My proven dedication to optimizing merchandising operations and propelling revenue growth, along with my excellent analytical and interpersonal abilities, will contribute immensely to the success of your company.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jessica R. Mountain