Merchandise Assistant Store Manager
Rotated through several sales floor roles at various Metro Region sites within the retail chain prior to landing management post supervising three multi-million dollar departments - Garden, Electrical, Plumbing and approximately 30 store associates. Led staff training on selling and service tactics; held oversight for financial success, requisitions, and visual merchandising, loss prevention, customer service, and performance management. Monitored sales by SKU via proprietary business intelligence system, reacting swiftly to consumer trends.
- Grew sales for departments under management to $12.1M a full 34% of annualized retailer sales.
- Advanced average Garden sales annually by $200K through effective merchandising, stocking, and associate training.
- Impacted sales and product selection processes for Electrical Department.
- Recognized for expertise in hardware lauded as the "go-to" person on questions related to plumbing, electrical supplies, lighting, painting, DIY home repairs, water and solar systems. Selected as site spokesperson facilitating consumer training on the proper installation of storm panels during hurricane season.
- Surpassed FY2014 Plumbing Department sales goals 5% producing $3.1M.