Directed, interpreted and supplied standards, policies and procedures for the Bookstore in day to day operations including selling, stocking, textbook coordination, faculty relations, cash handling, record maintenance, and inventory control.
- Served as administrative liaison for the Bookstore and other University departments.
- Purchasing Manager
- Prepared and maintained records of annual sales and expenses; reviewed and evaluated sales figures against budgets, prepared and maintained a variety of records and reports related to sales, purchases, and inventory.
- Proficiently used Microsoft Office Applications and Great Plains for POS, invoicing, and receiving.
- Supervised and conducted quarterly and annual inventory counts.
- Responsible for hiring, training new recruiting, scheduling, and evaluating employees.
- Estimated sales levels and ensured that an adequate inventory was maintained for each program and monitored on a continuous basis.
- Accurately determined prices for books, supplies, and other items.
- Increased profit and customer satisfaction by organizing book buyback programs and cycling used books back through the store.