IT Assistant Cover Letter
It Assistants are in charge for installing and maintaining computer systems in an organization. Areas these employees may cover are web design, security, and Internet hosting. Examples of IT Assistant duties include taking assignments from managers, configuring hardware and software, answering phone calls, managing emails, maintaining inventory, updating databases, liaising with vendors, creating backup plans needed in case of network failure, reporting to managers, and instructing junior staff.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples for It Assistant, essential job requirements include:
- Information technology expertise
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving orientation
- Analytical skills
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Attention to details
- Quality focus
- Effective communication
Below is displayed a sample cover letter for It Assistant highlighting comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Keyes:
Upon consideration of your posting for a new IT Assistant, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. With my experience in IT system support, administration, and maintenance, as well as my demonstrated strengths in user training and project management, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization in this capacity.
With a full range of computer and system proficiencies, my solid technical aptitude as well as my leadership and training abilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging role and deliver comprehensive support to computer networks and communication systems. With strong expertise in software and hardware installation, operation, and maintenance—coupled with proven skills on both PC and Mac platforms—I am certain to become an immediate asset to your IT department.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- More than five years of business experience in IT system analysis and administration; providing network and login user support, installing and configuring applications, routing user queries, and setting up new user accounts.
- Orchestrating massive company migration from Microsoft Exchange 2003 to Microsoft Exchange 2010, ensuring seamless conversion and minimizing operational downtime.
- Instrumental in transferring HR department’s data to a fresh server, performing comprehensive checks to ensure proper and complete execution.
- Selected to train and mentor two IT assistant interns, demonstrating superior leadership and coaching abilities.
- Interacting effectively and personably with all levels of staff across departments and ranks—including C-level executive personnel.
With my solid previous experience in IT administration and support, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to success, I believe I could quickly outperform your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
James P. Copple