IT Analyst Cover Letter
IT Analysts, sometimes called Systems Analysts, design and implement information systems to optimize companies’ organizational efficiency. In their day-to-day job, an IT analyst may use modeling, information engineering and cost-based accounting to develop new systems, oversees their implementation and debug the systems to ensure that they are working properly.
Skills relevant to this position that should be highlighted in a cover letter include the following:
- Use of SharePoint and Excel to manage several facets of technical projects
- Ability to create, update, and maintain documentation for the knowledge base using HTML
- Experience reviewing documentation for accuracy prior to it going live in the knowledge base.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the industry
Scroll down to see an example of an example cover letter for an IT Analyst candidate.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Analyst Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Hurley:
I am writing to submit my resume to be considered for the position of IT Analyst at Black Turtle Tech. My work and education history has provided me with a broad range of IT and business skills, and a passion to fill this role and contribute to the great work of your company.
My degree in computer science has provided me with the foundation to use a variety of computer systems to meet business needs. My work experience, particularly my years as an IT Analyst at Jade Systems, provided me with on-the-job experience in developing and implementing new IT systems.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Analyzed and improved existing SAP Fixed Asset processes through change management.
- Monitored program development, tested enhancements, participated in go-live activities and supported production, ensuring accounting requirements were met and customers’ approval obtained.
- Designed, purchased and installed/configured virtual servers at remote locations
- Provided technical support for internal users via telephone and email.
- Provided hardware and printer support
- Worked on huge databases, performed data conversions & data mining and analyzed data relationships
My knowledge and passion for working in IT systems make me a strong candidate for the position of IT Analyst at Black Turtle Tech, and I look forward to the opportunity to be a part of the team. Thank you for your consideration.