Information Security Analyst Cover Letter
Information Security Analysts focus specifically on protecting their employer from cyber attacks. This involves installing firewalls and monitoring the computer network continuously for cyber threats. Standard work activities include installing and using firewalls and security software to protect private information, monitoring company networks for security threats, Documenting breaches and responses to said breaches in written reports, researching IT trends, carrying out specific security initiatives and presenting security recommendations to upper management.
The following is a list of skills and qualifications typically showcased on an Information Security Analyst cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming or Information Systems
- Knowledge of risk management framework
- Ability to create and update intrusion detection systems
- Proficiency with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Analytical skills
- Creative thinking
- Written and verbal communication skills
- IT acumen
- Problem-solving skills
- Detail orientated
Below is a sample Information Security Analyst cover letter that highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.