Guest Relation Officer Cover Letter
Guest Relation Officers work in the hospitality sector and serve in customer-facing capacities, orchestrating a broad range of tasks and responsibilities to ensure first-rate guest experiences, thus maximizing satisfaction and loyalty. Serving as the chief point of contact for guests, they need to have superior communication and interpersonal skills to succeed in this role.
Successful cover letters for Guest Relation Officers often mention the following types of skills and abilities:
- Guest greeting and accommodation
- Customer service excellence
- Complaint/issue resolution
- Check-in/check-out procedures
- Front desk reception
- Customized guest services
- Team collaboration
Following is a sample cover letter for a Guest Relation Officer showing similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Guest Relation Officer Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Guest Relation Officer, check out our more complete Guest Relation Officer Job Description.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Hardwick:
In my search for a position that complements my training and background in the hospitality sector and provides opportunities for growth, I discovered The Bluebird Hotel’s need for a new Guest Relation Officer and felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my keen interest in the hospitality industry, as well as my commitment to team collaboration and outstanding guest service, I would significantly benefit your establishment in this capacity.
From handling guest inquiries and communicating directly and effectively with guests to performing overarching administrative tasks and ensuring unparalleled customer service, my background has prepared me to excel in this position with The Bluebird Hotel. With my previous experience in front-desk reception with The Days Inn & Suites in St. Louis, my additional strengths in communication, problem-solving, and organization position me to thrive in this challenging and guest-oriented role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Handling guest greeting, check-in, questions, and logistics while liaising with other departments such as housekeeping and concierge to ensure maximum service and satisfaction for guests of The Days Inn & Suites—with a volume of 225 rooms and suites.
- Assisting with day-to-day front desk procedures, including room assignment, rate confirmation, VIP treatments, meal delivery, welcome letters, and invoices/billing.
- Arranging customized service for hotel guests, coordinating elements such as event tickets, transportation, sightseeing, and restaurant reservations.
- Responding to guest inquiries courteously and efficiently, reporting complaints to supervisors and meticulously following up with guests to ensure full resolution.
- Demonstrating motivational team building and organizational planning abilities, superior management talents, and exceptional communication skills.
- Completing a program in Hospital Management with St. Louis Community College in 2014.
With my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success in the hospitality sector, coupled with my professional background and my transferable skill set, I could swiftly surpass your expectations and provide immeasurable contributions to The Bluebird Hotel. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Marcus J. Rodriguez