Front Desk Receptionist Cover Letter
Front Desk Receptionists complete administrative and front office duties in a variety of organizations. They usually provide the first impression of a company to customers and their role is considered vital. Examples of Front Desk tasks include: taking phone calls, passing messages to specific people, answering to inquiries, greeting visitors, helping to organize meetings, maintaining the reception area clean and organized, handling the correspondence, setting appointments, and supporting office activities.
A Front Desk Receptionist cover letter example should highlight the following skills and qualifications:
- Customer service orientation
- Problem-solving skills
- A professional appearance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourcefulness and proactivity
- Computer competences
- Organization and prioritization
- Being able to work under pressure
Comparable Front Desk Receptionist abilities are described in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Desk Receptionist Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Holland:
Upon learning of your posting for a Front Desk Receptionist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a highly organized and personable professional with more than seven years of reception and general administrative support experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your goals and objectives in this role.
I bring to the table excellent experience providing key office support while greeting and scheduling customers and maximizing efficiency and productivity. From managing multi-line phone systems and resolving customer inquiries to scheduling appointments and providing outstanding customer service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with staff, and implementing highly effective organizational processes.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing comprehensive receptionist responsibilities—including phone management, correspondence, and scheduling—while ensuring seamless front desk operations.
- Handling high-volume phone lines, efficiently and accurately routing up to 160 calls each day.
- Greeting customers upon arrival, ensuring prompt attention and providing a consistently superior level of service and support.
- Expertise in balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and skilled in the usage of various office equipment and machinery.
My skills in front desk reception and support prepare me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will render me an immediate asset to your office team. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Carol R. Hurwitz