Front Desk Officer Cover Letter
Front Desk Officers work at the reception area of an organization and are mainly responsible for guiding guests and maintaining security. Examples of Front Desk Officer responsibilities include greeting guests, issuing visitor badges, taking phone calls, sorting correspondence, answering to client inquiries, ordering office supplies, maintaining the reception area clean and organized, receiving shipments, updating records and files, maintaining schedules, and making travel arrangements.
An eligible candidate for Front Desk Officer should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities in their cover letter:
- Front desk operations experience
- Office equipment familiarity
- English proficiency
- Organization and planning
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Multitasking and time management
- Customer service skills
- Computer competences
Below is provided a cover letter sample highlighting relevant skills and experience for the job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Desk Officer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Smith:
Upon learning of your need for a Front Desk Officer, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. As a customer-service-oriented and dedicated professional with solid experience in front desk administration and reception, I am confident that I can become an immediate asset to your team.
My background includes providing front desk support and operational assistance for fast-paced reception areas. From greeting customers and accepting deliveries to handling paperwork and processing payments, my experience has prepared me to thrive in this role and achieve your company’s goals. Backed by my superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing excellent project coordination and reception management while driving optimal front office efficiency and productivity.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Delivering overarching front desk support—including scheduling, answering phones, resolving issues/complaints, checking in visitors, and maintaining visitor logs—while driving the achievement of business goals in front desk support roles with Pivotal, Inc. and Granular Systems, respectively.
- Earning a reputation for quickly and decisively resolving customer complaints while ensuring their optimal comfort in reception areas and accommodating special requests.
- Courteously and respectfully assisting a diverse customer base within high-volume, deadline-driven offices.
- Balancing multiple tasks within fast-paced environments while providing top-level organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; able to quickly pick up new technological programs and tools.
With my proven commitment to delivering superior front desk support, I am more than prepared to extend my record of service to your company. I would appreciate the chance to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Zelma N. Steele