Front Desk Clerk Cover Letter
Front Desk Clerks work at the reception areas of hotels and other organizations; these employees complete duties such as welcoming visitors, taking phone calls, answering to client inquiries, sorting correspondence, helping to organize meetings, preparing and serving coffee, maintaining the reception area clean, collecting payments, filing documents, sending emails, issuing parking permits, taking messages, and maintaining calendars.
A well-written example cover letter for Front Desk Clerk should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Customer service orientation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Telephone etiquette
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
Similar skills and qualifications can be seen in the sample cover letter highlighted below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Desk Clerk Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Vela:
When I heard of the Shaloma Hotel’s need for a new Front Desk Clerk, I rushed to submit my resume for your consideration. As an organized, personable, and reliable professional with strong reception and administrative support experience in busy hotel environments, I am well positioned to benefit your team in this role.
For the past six years, I have excelled in a front desk position with the Hamilton Inn & Suites in Douglas Township, offering top-notch customer service and assistance to guests while handling administrative tasks such as payments, phone reception, and database management. From resolving customer inquiries and concerns to ensuring outstanding guest experiences, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with staff, and implementing highly effective processes and systems to improve efficiency.
Please consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Performing comprehensive hotel front desk responsibilities—including phone management, reservation booking, special request accommodation, and payment processing—while ensuring seamless operations and guest service excellence.
- Greeting customers upon arrival, ensuring prompt attention and providing a consistently superior level of service and support; providing guests with information regarding local attractions, services, and amenities.
- Training and mentoring new staff, including front desk employees, housekeepers, and maintenance workers.
- Expertise in balancing multiple tasks while demonstrating top-level organization and communication skills; excelling in both independent and team-oriented work environments, working well under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and skilled in the usage of various office equipment and machinery.
My skills in front desk reception and support prepare me to excel in this role with the Shaloma Hotel, and I am confident my additional strengths will render me an immediate asset to your team. The opportunity to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Sharon J. Carson