Front Desk Agent Cover Letter
Front Desk Agents are usually employed by the hospitality industry and are responsible for interacting with customers. Typical responsibilities of a Front Desk Agent include: greeting guests, processing guest arrivals, answering to client questions and managing their concerns, storing luggage, processing payments, assigning rooms, and accommodating special requests when possible.
A well-written cover letter sample for Front Desk Agent should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Training in tourism or hotel management
- Selling skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Organization and planning
- A professional attitude
- Good numeracy skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Computer competences
- Time management and multitasking
- Knowledge of local services and attractions
- Customer service orientation
The cover letter example displayed below mentions similar Front Desk Agent assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Desk Agent Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Burrows:
When I learned of your search for a new Front Desk Agent to join your team at Riverview Inn & Suites, I was eager to send you my resume for your review. As an organized, personable, and customer-focused professional with more than eight years of reception and administrative experience in busy hotel environments, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your establishment’s goals in this role.
From greeting guests and assigning rooms to handling luggage and resolving customer issues and concerns, I excel in performing a range of tasks pertaining to hospitality reception. I am pleased to offer a breadth of strong experience in ensuring outstanding guest accommodation and customer service while maximizing front desk efficiency and productivity. Furthermore, I excel at collaborating with coworkers and management, prioritizing responsibilities, and developing and complying with improved organizational processes.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing comprehensive front desk tasks in consecutive positions with Appletree Bed & Breakfast, White Wave Inn, and Breakers Hotel to ensure seamless operations and superior guest experiences.
- Greeting guests upon arrival, ensuring prompt attention, and providing a consistently excellent level of service and support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and skilled in the usage of various office equipment and machinery.
- Completing formal training in hospitality and tourism from Kalamazoo State College.
My skills in front desk support prepare me to thrive in this role and make an immediate and positive impact on your team. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Samantha J. Christian