Freelancer Cover Letter
Freelancers are self-employed professionals working in a variety of fields. Many Freelancers work remotely and collaborate with clients over the Internet. Essential responsibilities of a Freelancer are applying to projects, discussing requirements with clients, preparing portfolios, submitting work samples for test, completing assigned work, taking feedback from clients, reviewing work if necessary, handling financial duties, and completing self-promotion activities.
A well-written cover letter sample for Freelancer usually mentions the following skills and qualities:
- Extensive experience in their given field
- Effective communication
- The ability to follow instructions
- Problem-solving abilities
- Computer competences
- Deadline orientation
- Being able to handle constructive criticism
- Attention to details
Below is provided an example cover letter for Freelancer demonstrating similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Freelancer Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Andrews:
As a self-employed, reliable, and highly experienced Freelancer with expertise in web/graphic design, social media, and brand messaging, I am certain you will find my skills and talents to be of value. With this in mind, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume detailing my experience and credentials as you look to fill RoundUp Media’s needs.
From consulting with clients and developing initial ideas and concepts to managing all facets of projects and coordinating with cross-functional team members, my experience has prepared me to excel in this freelance capacity with RoundUp Media. With my impressive professional achievements in graphic design and marketing, my additional strengths in business development, project scheduling and budgeting, and superior client service position me to thrive in this challenging and creative position.
Highlights of my background include…
- More than 13 years of excellent freelancing experience supporting a range of clients in visual identity/branding, web and graphic design, social media consulting, marketing communications, copywriting, and editing.
- Consulting with and managing special projects from inception through execution for global and emerging brands across diverse industries.
- Building organizational websites using knowledge of coding, design principles, SEO/SEM, and content management systems.
- Managing my own successful business for more than a decade, encompassing portfolio development, prospecting, personal finance management, networking, time management, and effective communication and self-marketing strategies.
- Earning consistently stellar feedback from clients, resulting in extremely high levels of repeat business and word-of-mouth referrals.
- Utilizing excellent organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to propel client projects to peak results.
With my comprehensive experience in web design and marketing support, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to helping clients achieve success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing your needs and what I can offer in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Ella M. Loman