Travel Agent Cover Letter
Travel Agents help clients organize their ideal holiday. These professionals are usually given a budget and then required to offer their advice. Typical duties of a Travel Agent include: discussing requirements with clients, handling customer queries, managing budgets, promoting their business, maintaining financial records, offering advice on travel arrangements, booking accommodation, announcing changes, selling insurance, and making sure they meet sales targets.
A cover letter sample for Travel Agent should emphasize the following qualifications:
- An interest in travels and holidays
- Commercial awareness
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Numerical abilities
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Computer competences
- Time management
- Attention to details and accuracy
Below is provided a cover letter example displaying similar Travel Agent skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Travel Agent Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dora H. Smith
Human Resources Assistant
Westwind Travel Co.
Dear Ms. Smith:
Upon learning of your need for a Travel Agent to join Westwind Travel Co., I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an organized and motivated professional with key experience providing customer-facing travel planning and support, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
With my experience assessing customer needs and desires, researching airline / accommodation / transportation package options, and answering ongoing customer questions to resolve issues and concerns, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. Backed by superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at leveraging my deep expertise in travel operations—as well as my first-hand knowledge of desirable destinations—to achieve outstanding customer travel experiences and optimize repeat and referral business.
Additional highlights of my experience include…
- Successfully orchestrating travel arrangements—incorporating cruises, tours, airline and hotel reservations, and car rentals—for high-value customers to generate significant revenue growth.
- Achieving $1M sales quota and earning induction into the coveted Chairman’s Club; recognized as a top travel agent in the Pacific Northwest region.
- Cultivating and sustaining excellent relationships with customers, carefully assessing their needs to create the right vacation match and surpass their expectations.
- Demonstrating a consistent dedication to providing world-class customer service and maximizing satisfaction and retention.
- Balancing multiple responsibilities within deadline-driven environments, prioritizing effectively to ensure on-time completion of all tasks.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of customer travel planning and support, as well as my extensive record of success within the travel / tourism industry, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your team at Westwind Travel. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Gerda L. Najera