Travel Coordinator Cover Letter
Travel Coordinators are responsible for making travel arrangements for their clients. Essential work responsibilities of a Travel Coordinator include: finding the best deals for accommodation and transport, discussing requirements with clients, informing clients on visa and passport issues, estimating travel expenses, creating itineraries, making recommendations, helping travellers to find alternate flights, and answering to client questions.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following skills and qualifications required to a Travel Coordinator:
- Research skills
- Organization and planning
- Attention to details
- Time management
- Knowledge of foreign languages at conversational level
- Computer competences
- Problem solving orientation and resourcefulness
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Being able to work under pressure
Below is provided a cover letter sample for Travel Coordinator demonstrating similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Travel Coordinator Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Travel Coordinator, check out our more complete Travel Coordinator Job Description.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Pinson:
Upon learning of your search for a new Travel Coordinator to join your company, I felt compelled to send you my resume for your consideration. As an organized, motivated, and well-traveled professional with more than 13 years of experience orchestrating and booking complex domestic and international travel arrangements for corporate employees, I am confident that I would quickly become a valuable asset to your team.
My expertise lies in researching, coordinating, and securing arrangements including transport, accommodation, insurance, meals, rental cars, and local guides for both individuals and groups while serving as a key resource for travelers with questions or unexpected issues. Complemented by my superior communication and multitasking skills, I excel at leveraging my deep expertise in travel operations—as well as my first-hand knowledge of desirable destinations—to facilitate excellent travel experiences and stimulate high levels of client retention and referrals.
A few highlights of my experience include…
- Successfully coordinating travel arrangements encompassing various global destinations, modes of transportation, and price points for more than 275 employees, providing prompt and courteous services to all corporate clients.
- Reducing flight costs by $40,000 per month within my first 4 months of employment.
- Cultivating and sustaining excellent relationships with hotels and car rental companies to maintain cost-efficient corporate contracts.
- Demonstrating a consistent dedication to providing world-class customer service and maximizing satisfaction and retention.
- Providing comprehensive day-to-day administrative support including records maintenance, data entry, and presentations.
- Fluently speaking French, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest caliber of travel coordinating and support, as well as my superior communication and interpersonal skills, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional service to your company. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Margie S. Millard