Ward Clerk Cover Letter
Ward Clerks are found in hospitals and healthcare units and are responsible for clerical and receptionist duties. Work activities a Ward Clerk usually performs include: greeting patients, collecting patient information, getting involved in patient education, adhering to hygiene and safety standards, admitting and discharging patients, maintaining records, transcribing medical orders, taking phone calls, making sure patients benefit from quality care, replenishing supplies, and completing other tasks as required by managers.
The most sought-after skills seen on a Ward Clerk cover letter example include:
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Effective communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences
- An approachable manner
- Being able to work under pressure
Comparable skills and qualifications for Ward Clerk can be seen on the cover letter sample displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Ward Clerk Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Holland:
As an experienced administrative professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a Ward Clerk at Clarkson Community Hospital. With more than 12 years of experience in patient registration, medical records management, and general administration/front desk support in busy hospital units, I am prepared to excel in this position.
Through success in preparing medical charts, updating patient records, and facilitating patient billing tasks—all while providing outstanding general administrative support—I am well versed in the nuances of the medical industry. From completing insurance claims and answering multi-line phone systems to coordinating patient transfers and greeting visitors at front desks, I adeptly manage a high volume of administrative tasks daily while simultaneously delivering excellent patient and customer service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Experience preparing documents, managing patient files, scheduling appointments, organizing medical charts and materials, and updating patient records while maintaining first-rate levels of accuracy and confidentiality as a Unit Clerk for the Brettfield Trauma Center.
- Coordinating patient admission procedures—gathering and recording patient data, taking insurance information, documenting medications, and establishing new patient accounts; organizing patient discharge procedures as well.
- Greeting unit visitors and directing them to appropriate patient rooms while enforcing compliance with visiting hours.
- Demonstrating a warm and compassionate demeanor in stressful and emotionally difficult situations.
- Communicating effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and senior management staff to facilitate highly efficient and productive unit operations.
- Extensive administrative skill set with strong abilities in full range of support tasks such as phone coverage, filing, and database management.
- Pursuing Medical Billing and Coding Certification; earning an AAS degree in Business Administration.
With my previous experience coupled with my commitment to top-notch patient service and front desk efficiency, I believe I would be a strong asset to your team. I look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals as your next Ward Clerk.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mary A. Riggs