Care Aide Cover Letter
A Care Aide’s main job is to provide whatever assistance and support necessary for the individuals they are working with, usually those who are aged, disabled or in convalescent care. Typical on-the-job activities range from daily living care (personal hygiene, feeding and housekeeping) to more medical tasks such as administering medications and documenting vitals. In all capacities, a compassionate nature, strong multi-tasking abilities, and a personable and friendly demeanor are essential qualities for success in this role.
Care Aides often include the following types of skills and qualifications in cover letters:
- Errand running/grocery shopping
- Bed linens/laundry
- Medication administration
- First aid application
- Condition monitoring/documenting
- Patient transportation
- Issue resolution/problem solving
- Safety and compliance
Please find a sample cover letter for a Care Aide below, detailing similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Care Aide Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Williams:
Upon learning of your posting for a Care Aide, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic and compassionate professional with relevant experience in medical and patient support positions, I will be an excellent addition to your team at the Peach Tree Nursing Facility.
My background in providing vital day-to-day support to aged, disabled, and/or convalescent patients – both in their homes and in long-term-care facilities – positions me to make an excellent contribution to Peach Tree. From administering medications and aiding with hygiene/personal grooming to running errands and monitoring health conditions, my experience has prepared me to accept the responsibilities of this position.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Providing caring assistance and hands-on support for 80 residents at Tranquility Living Center residential facility; working with ancillary staff while assisting aging and disabled residents with tasks such as meal preparation/feeding, bathing, toileting, housekeeping, transportation, first aid, and medication administration.
- Interacting effectively and efficiently with doctors, peers, patients, and families to assess needs, identify patient needs, and achieve goals.
- Utilizing warm, friendly and articulate communication style to establish compassionate relationships with patients/residents.
- Maintaining a track record of delivering outstanding patient care and service to various health care facilities, as well as in individual patients’ homes.
The combination of my dedication to outstanding patient care and my empathic, professional nature continues to define my abilities. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss Peach Tree’s needs and how my talents can contribute toward your objectives.
Gloria W. Byers