Freight Train Conductor
Performed conductor duties at Bellevue terminal, home terminal, the second largest rail yard in the United States, coordinating with the railroad, shipping companies, and engineers on the loading and unloading of freight and support for the operation of the train from one stop to the next.
- Cargo Operations: Led the loading and unloading crew and monitored the team traveling on the train; coupled and decoupled trains before, during, and after transit and ensured track switches were properly aligned.
- Leadership and Accountability: Remained on call at all times of the day or night, reporting for duty within 90 minutes of notification; gathered required documents, including clearances for self, the engineer, and crew.
- Safety and Security: Implemented safe loading and unloading procedures and monitored freight and mechanical safety during transit; maintained exceptional safety record, with zero safety or procedural violations.
- Train Operations: Once the train was in transit and transiting various yards, coordinated with the proper yardmasters; after setting cars, accounted for and documented the placement of rail cars containing hazardous materials in accordance with Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) requirements.
- Information and Records: Kept track of a large amount of data related to the transportation of cargo, including all train schools and records of cargo onboard the train; maintained safety check records and crew schedules.