Baggage Handler Cover Letter
Baggage Handlers are employed by airlines to handle all functions pertaining to passenger baggage, including scanning, sorting, processing, loading, unloading, and checking. A keen attention to detail and the ability to thrive in deadline-focused high-pressure work environments is required, as well as a solid knowledge of TSA and FAA regulations and guidelines. Additionally, physical strength—specifically the ability to lift at least 50 pounds—is a must.
Baggage Handlers should have cover letters that reflect comparable abilities and qualifications, such as:
- Baggage loading and unloading
- Operating cargo trucks, low tractors, and conveyor belts
- Logistical coordination
- Accuracy and time management
- Regulatory/safety compliance
- Baggage protection
- Customer service and assistance
A sample cover letter for a Baggage Handler follows below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Baggage Handler Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Applebaum:
Upon learning of your posting for a Baggage Handler, I was eager to send you my resume for your consideration. As a reliable, focused, and self-motivated professional with skills in logistics combined with excellent communication and problem-solving abilities, I feel confident that I would immediately benefit Skyline Air in this position.
For the past seven years, I have succeeded as a Ramp Agent and Baggage Handler with Aurora Airlines. From operating conveyor belts and driving low tractors to loading/unloading baggage and adhering to SOPs and safety procedures, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With experience providing vital support within the airline sector, my time management and interpersonal skills prepare me ready to make a positive contribution to Skyline Air.
My background includes the following relevant skills and qualifications:
- Collecting, sorting, scanning, loading, and checking baggage for customers flying Aurora Airlines, ensuring bags went onto, and off of, the correct aircraft using trucks, cargo loaders, and conveyor systems.
- Achieving a personal 99.2% success rate in protecting baggage from loss, theft, or damage; recognized as “Employee of the Month” in 2016 by Aurora for superior performance.
- Complying with all TSA and FAA regulations and guidelines, ensuring the highest level of safety for both staff and passengers.
- Assisting customers with special needs with entering and exiting their aircraft.
- Maintaining an unsurpassed attendance record as well as demonstrating an excellent work ethic and a positive attitude.
With my key experience and knowledge as a Baggage Handler, coupled with my reliability and my ability to excel under pressure, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Thomas E. Maglione