Responsible for the management, training, and safety compliance of 23 professional drivers to ensure the daily execution of all transportation activities. Implements and manages all workloads, scheduling, daily reports, and other related functions in support of the satellite location's logistical operations.
- Builds and coordinates daily driver routing schedules to ensure total logistic response time for delivering critical product to consumers is kept to a minimum and supports logistical operations that enhance overall service and productivity.
- Conducts weekly forecasts to identify and initiate cost efficiency measures that can be utilized in transportation operations.
- Analyzes daily reports for fleet labor, delay pay, and tractor miles per gallon (MPG) to identify opportunities for improvement in performance for fleet operations.
- Maintains and manages all transport staffing to understand and review daily/weekly manpower requirements and ensures that proper staffing is in place to meet all consumer service needs.
- Builds internal and external customer relationships through daily/weekly meetings with local and non-local department management teams and contracted third party carriers.
- Ensures 100% compliance of safety standards within the transportation department.